Step 1: Get Prequalified
- Have you pulled your credit report to verify there are no discrepancies, collections, judgments or disputes?
- Do you have at least 12 months of credit history with a creditor that reports to at least one of the 3 credit bureaus?
- Do you have judgments or collections on your credit report that need to be paid off or satisfied?
- Are you disputing any derogatory credit history or a debt reporting that is not yours on your credit report?
- Do you have student loan debt that is in deferment for 12 months or longer?
- Have you determined where your down payment is coming from and can it be documented?
- Have you had consistent employment for 24 consecutive months and can it be verified?
- Are the deposits on your bank statements over $200.00 sourced? If not can they be proven by additional documentation?
- Do you have any credit or new debts not reporting on your credit report?
- Do you pay child support or alimony? If so, do you have the documentation to verify the amount?
- Have you filed bankruptcy within the last 7 years? If so, has it been discharged? Do you have the documentation to prove it?
- Have you been foreclosed on within the last 7 years?
***If you are applying with a cosigner or co-borrower for a mortgage, all of the above questions will apply to them as well.